Friday, April 17, 2009

Laser Lady is a mean lady

I had my 3rd excimer laser treatment on Tuesday, and WOW, pain. I blistered and it hurt.

I also learned that Laser-lady hasn't been 100% honest - I think she was trying to shelter me. It turns out that when she's adjusting the laser to the right level for your skin, the goal is not to avoid blistering. The goal is to get you to a level of laser intensity so that you hurt for 24 to 36 hours afterwards. If you hurt for less than 24 hours, it's not intense enough. If you hurt for more than 36 hours, its too much. Unfortunately, to find this sweet spot you are pretty much trying to get to blister level, because that's how you know when to scale back!

After Tuesday's treatment, I hurt for more than 48 hours. I hurt 'til I walked into my appointment on Friday. I blistered, I scabbed, I bled. It was a freakshow on my elbows.

And Laser-lady was pleased!

(Sorry, Laser-lady, if you're reading this. You and your little laser gun rock. I know you're doing it for my own good).

But OUUUCCCCHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment