Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And baby makes 3

Today I learned that I now have a third disease - lymphocytic colitis. This was discovered after perhaps the most painful and under-drugged colonoscopy in the history of gastric diagnostics. Lymphocytic colitis is linked to --- guess? Celiac Disease, as well as rheumatoid arthritis. According to the Mayo Clinic website, folks with Lymphocytic Colitis (wow, that's a hard one to type - from now on I'm calling it LC) has an increased amount of White Blood Cells in the lining of the colon. This can be caused by too many NSAIDs (motrin, asprin - my drugs from April - July to fight the PsA), as well as immune response. It is treated with a special diet... get this... no dairy, caffeine, alcohol, and raw fruits and vegetables.

I refuse to let this get me down. I'm making a pie and planning a trip to Germany in April. Blackberry and apple are cooked when they are in pie, and by the time April rolls around my Humira will have kicked in and will not yet have kicked out.

Why do these diseases hang out together like the Sharks from West Side Story? I'm tired of all this auto-immune graffiti...

No comments:

Post a Comment