Thursday, May 7, 2009

Have psoriatic arthritis, will travel

My Remicade live-blog was so successful, I think I'm going to make a career out of internet stunts. What will I do next? Post videos of my cortisone shots? Make a huge public sculpture out of pill bottles and ice packs in Washington D.C. and write about my subsequent dinner with the Obamas? Crash the International Conference on Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis in Stockholm with my laptop?

Well, actually, that last one is close. In all seriousness, I'm leaving for Germany tomorrow. I don't know what's going on with my knee, but the pain has been fierce, and I'm a little stressed about travelling with it feeling like this. BUT, I'm not going to let it ruin my trip. I have sights to see and a 17 month old niece to play with. I'm not gonna let the disease stop me.

Starting tomorrow I'll be blogging about traveling with active psoriatic arthritis (whenever I can find an internet connection and a free moment). I'll catch you all up on what's going smoothly, what's unexpected, and what's a pain. Things like: how to keep my joints from freaking out on that 12 hour plane trip, how to keep track of my pills on a different time zone, how to make the most out of a city when I can't walk too far, and how to ask "is that gluten-free" in Deutch!

Join me, and enjoy!

Auf Wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment