Thursday, May 14, 2009

Of bathtubs and berlin

I will upload pictures soon, but wanted to share that I had a fun tub experience in Berlin. My friends who are renting an apartment in Berlin moved into their sight unseen place and discovered a shower stall that is about 3 1/2 feet deep, with no entry. They have a tree-stump next to it that you can use to climb up and hurtle yourself into the shower "pit".

I was very intimidated by this tub! How was I going to get over my own personal Berlin wall?

Well, I managed. Some stump climbing, some sliding, some swinging of legs and I was up and over. Back out was easier than I thought it would be too.

But it made me think - before you assume that you will have easily accessible bathing facilities in Europe, call ahead. I would guess that while this tub is unusual, it is not one of a kind.

Back in Dresden - the 4 flights of steps are looking easier than the tub!

No comments:

Post a Comment