Monday, May 11, 2009

Morning blues - jetlag and psoriatic arthritis

A quick note about time, and aches and pains...

For the last few days, I've found that while my brain is up and ready to go at 9am Germany time, (midnight back home) my body isn't. It's the strangest thing. My sister-in-law and I will be up, dressed, and eager for our next shopping or sightseeing adventure, and suddenly I'll feel like I'm walking through quicksand. It's as if my body is asleep while my brain is awake. All my bad joints hurt, I'm terrifically fatigued, and I need breaks more often than I'd like to admit.

By about 2PM, I'm just fine and ready to go anywhere, and feel like I could walk for hours. (I can't, but I like to pretend).

I do wonder if my body just isn't adjusting to the jetlag as well as my brain is! I've traveled overseas several times before (including a year and a half ago, before my disease really kicked in, but I was already old - 40-something) and didn't have this odd problem.

I hope it wears off soon. I'm off to Berlin tomorrow and want to do lots of walking. Fortunately, my morning will be spent on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment