Tuesday, May 5, 2009

on mouse juice and men

Ok, so why am I joking about meeses?

Here's a clip from About.com about Remicade:
  • Remicade uses human and mouse proteins to create a chimeric monoclonal antibody.
  • Enbrel is derived by introducing human DNA into Chinese hamster ovary cells and creating a genetically engineered protein.
  • Humira uses fully human proteins and phage display technology to produce monoclonal antibodies.
In case you were wondering. I've not tried hamster yet, but I may get there.

2 comments:

  1. I've been using Enbrel for years -- inject myself once a week, and have had great success with it. I had no idea it was chinese hamsters though.

    Must be why I feel like I'm running in a wheel and going nowhere sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment - sorry I missed it earlier! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete